Jobs and Internships
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Associate
Location: Mississippi Park Connection/ National Park Service Office - Saint Paul
Reports To: Development and Communications Manager
Type: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $18.00/hour plus benefits such as a generous health care package, 401k match, paid vacation and sick leave, paid professional development opportunities, plus the opportunity to explore the river through a variety of outdoor recreation programs.
Position Description: Mississippi Park Connection seeks a full-time Communications and Marketing Associate to execute communications for MPC’s website, social media, publications, events, brand materials, and merchandise. In addition, the position will assist with general business activities including database management, event support, and customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate and execute the design, printing, and mailing of publications, in collaboration with staff from Mississippi Park Connection and the National Park Service.
Publications include: monthly e-newsletter, bi-annual newsletter, brochures, flyers, and public program invitations.
Create content for and coordinate Mississippi Park Connection’s digital communication platforms.
MPC website (Squarespace), blog, MailChimp, and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Support the Social Media Manager at the National Park Service with broader social media campaigns.
Successfully market public events and activities.
Promote events and activities, set up and manage registration using Eventbrite, and coordinate photography.
Assist with communications to members and donors in coordination with Development and Communications Manager.
Gift acknowledgment, bulk mailings, member e-news communications, database support (Salesforce).
Mississippi Park Connection annual report.
Provide excellent and professional customer service for special events.
Responding to inquiries to Mississippi Park Connection’s general email address, answering and making phone calls, and communicating with event attendees before and after programs.
On occasion, communications associate will also be expected to attend events, including some weekends and evenings.
Procure MPC merchandise as needed for online store, member premiums, and special events.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, English, or similar degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to work on a team or independently and enjoy an entrepreneurial environment.
· Ability to independently respond to common inquiries from volunteers, staff, program participants, and other members of the community.
· Strong interest in working with people from different backgrounds, life experiences, and cultures and in promoting the diversity of stories that the Mississippi River offers.
· Ability to effectively communicate by telephone and email
· Excellent customer service skills with external and internal stakeholders.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Event Brite, Squarespace, and Salesforce applications (or similar) or demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
· Experience managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization, club, or team with demonstrable metrics.
· Familiarity with email marketing, constituent relationship management, and website administration systems strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with adhering to organizational brand standards.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends, as well as a willingness to work outdoors at events.
· Occasionally required to lift up to 15 pounds.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Anna Waugh, Development and Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Desired deadline: November 28, 2018, however, position will remain open until filled.