Six splashy ways to have fun at Second Saturday
By Kate Havelin
6. Water is one of the main attractions of Coldwater Spring. The park gets its name from a groundwater spring, so our August 9th Second Saturday goes with the flow. Stay cool near the spring house and creek, where the water averages 56 degrees.
5. Big time bug fun! Grab one of our nets to nab some water bugs and get a bugs-eye view at what’s living in the water. For more bug fun, create your own dragonfly, using our craft supplies. Who can resist playing with pipe cleaners, tissue paper, and sparkly stickers?
4. Junior Ranger badges are coveted items your kids can earn at Second Saturday. Chat with a National Park Service ranger as you play in the park.
3. Use all your senses! Listen to Coldwater’s creek burble, brush your hand along tall grasses, smell wildflowers, and savor the joys of playing outside.
2. Our scavenger hunts, geocaches, and Adventure Quest give visitors of all ages and abilities oodles of ways to explore Coldwater. From a simple scavenger hunt perfect for little kids to a challenging Quest with rhyming clues, we’ve got adventures for all. Borrow our National Park GPS units to find cool caches hidden in the park. The geocache course is easy, so whether you’re new to geocaching or not, come scout out our adventures.
1. Free! Second Saturdays won’t drain your budget. So make a splash with your friends and family and bring them to a super Second Saturday at Coldwater Spring. From now through October, Second Saturdays at Coldwater happen from 9 AM to noon. Coldwater is at 5601 Minnehaha Park Drive South, Mpls. Just show up, ready to play in the park