Come work with us and be part of a great team committed to protecting, preserving, and enjoying the Mississippi River!
Accounting and Operations Associate
The Accounting and Operations Associate is a part time position responsible for executing day-to-day accounting operations. In addition, the position will oversee general business activities including database management and event support.
- Maintain all accounts, general ledger, and reporting systems using Quickbooks Software, utilizing classes and jobs to track program and grant activity
- Create journal entries and maintain balance sheet accounts reconciliation
Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Prepare and provides accurate and timely financial reporting
- Review key data on invoices to determine the correct vendor, program, and expense type to assign and code
- Prepare checks and act as primary liaison with vendors to ensure accurate information on invoices
- Comply with policies for effective data management
- Supervise and perform data entry to ensure data integrity
- Identify and address data reporting needs and extract data when needed
- Provide coordination support for events / programs as needed
- Order office supplies and equipment as needed