Come work with us and be part of a great team committed to protecting, preserving, and enjoying the Mississippi River!
Accounting and Operations Associate
The Accounting and Operations Associate is a part time position responsible for executing day-to-day accounting operations. In addition, the position will oversee general business activities including database management and event support.
- Maintain all accounts, general ledger, and reporting systems using Quickbooks Software, utilizing classes and jobs to track program and grant activity
- Create journal entries and maintain balance sheet accounts reconciliation
Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Prepare and provides accurate and timely financial reporting
- Review key data on invoices to determine the correct vendor, program, and expense type to assign and code
- Prepare checks and act as primary liaison with vendors to ensure accurate information on invoices
- Comply with policies for effective data management
- Supervise and perform data entry to ensure data integrity
- Identify and address data reporting needs and extract data when needed
- Provide coordination support for events / programs as needed
- Order office supplies and equipment as needed
Mississippi River Fellowships (3 positions, seasonal)
Start Date: June 12, 2017
Hours: Approx. 32 hours per week for 10 weeks
The Mississippi River Fellows will work directly with National Park Service and Wilderness Inquiry trail staff to help guide Mississippi River Day Trips. The fellows will be considered employees of Mississippi Park Connection but generally directed by National Park Service staff.
- Assisting with outdoor education programs on and along the Mississippi River.
- Teaching participants about the natural, historic and cultural resources of the Mississippi River.
- Performing various other duties as part of the park’s education and interpretation team.
Successful applicants will be trained on canoe skills and water safety. No prior canoe skills needed, though an interest and desire to learn how to paddle and steer a canoe is required. The ability to swim is desired but not mandatory.